Tips on Cleaning Your Computer – Computer Repairs Northern Beaches
It is important that you clean your computer from time to time to ensure that it will function properly and have a long life. Here are some of the simple yet important steps to clean your computer – computer repairs northern beaches:
Cleaning your computer keyboard will not only help keep your keys from getting sticky but also ensure that your keyboard will continue to function properly and accurately.
- Turn keyboard upside down and shake it horizontally and vertically to remove particles that may be stuck in the keyboard.
- Take a can of condensed air and spray in between and around keys.
- Wrap a cotton cloth or paper towel around your pointer finger and moisten it with a gentle cleaning agent or alcohol and use it to clean the top of the keys.
- Let your keyboard dry before plugging it back.
Cleaning your mouse will make it run smoother.
- Moisten a paper towel or cotton cloth with a gentle cleaning agent and wipe down the top and bottom of the mouse – if you have an optical mouse then this is all you need to do.
- Turn the mouse upside down, remove the circular mouse cover and get the ball out of it.
- Inside the mouse, use your fingernail to remove as much dirt build up as you can around the two rollers.
- Take a cotton bud and moisten it with mild cleaning agent and clean the two rollers
- To clean the ball, just use your finger and take off any gunk that you see on it and run it under water.
Cleaning the screen of your monitor gives you a clearer and better view of the items displayed on your computer – computer repairs northern beaches.
- Dampen a clean soft cotton cloth with water and lightly wipe the screen starting from top to bottom. Do not use any rough cloth or tissue to wipe the screen as it may produce scratches.
- Cleaning the insides of your computer is the most vital part that needs to be cleaned. Removing dust from the computer vents increases the internal air circulation. Dusting the insides of your computer also prevents it from overheating.
- Remove the casing of the computer. It is advisable that you bring the computer outside as you have to expect lots of dust coming out of your computer with the next few steps.
- Use the can of air to clean out the dust from the vents and the fan in the back of your computer.
- Use a can of air to clean and blow dust from the vents and the fan in the back of your computer. Make sure you blow all the dust in the same direction and away from any circuits of your computer.